[comp.unix.xenix.sco] Screen blanker for SCO console?

shevett@mccc.uucp (dave shevett) (10/03/90)

I have an SCO Xenix 2.3.1 installation on a monochrome system, and the
customer would like to have the console screen timeout (like his
Wyse 150's do).  Is there some great mythical utility that can do
do this (or does he just  have to switch to the worms multiscreen?)

/--------------------+                        +----------------------\
|    Dave Shevett    | "The shortest distance |   Labyrinth II BBS   |
|  Lawrenceville, NJ | between two puns is a  |    (609) 584-8774    |
|  shevett@mccc.UUCP | straight line..."      | 12/24/19200 PEP 24hrs|
\--------------------+        - Doc Webster   +----------------------/

chapman@sco.COM (Brian Chapman) (10/22/90)

shevett@mccc.uucp (dave shevett) writes:

>I have an SCO Xenix 2.3.1 installation on a monochrome system, and the
>customer would like to have the console screen timeout (like his
>Wyse 150's do).  Is there some great mythical utility that can do
>do this (or does he just  have to switch to the worms multiscreen?)

There is no support for a driver level
screen saver in 2.3.  In 3.2 we added one
on the VGA.  I was told that the monochrome
monitor (some of them anyway) would start
smoking if you turned off the blanked the
screen for any length of time.  (Now that's
cost reduced)

--
Brian Chapman		uunet!sco!chapman
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

In article <8312@scolex.sco.COM> chapman@sco.COM (Brian Chapman) writes:
| shevett@mccc.uucp (dave shevett) writes:
|
| >I have an SCO Xenix 2.3.1 installation on a monochrome system, and the
| >customer would like to have the console screen timeout (like his

  I posted such a beast to alt.sources a few days ago. I will be posting
a slightly improved version in another week or so.
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX