[comp.unix.xenix.sco] login without droping modem

steve@mcnnet.UUCP ( Mgr. Consulting Serv.) (11/14/90)

Somewhere along the line I did something to my SCO Xenix 2.3.2 system
running on an IBM PS-2 Model 80 using IBM dual async boards to prevent
stty -hupcl from preventing my modem from disconnecting.  I have tried
using both signaling and non-signaling tty's (ex tty2A and tty2a) with
no change in operation, ie, if I enter stty -hupcl and the exit it always
disconnects the modem.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Steve Corso

mcnnet!steve@umich.edu

jcg@tree.uucp (Chris Gonnerman) (11/19/90)

In article <76@mcnnet.UUCP>, steve@mcnnet.UUCP ( Mgr. Consulting Serv.) writes:
> .....                                                    I have tried
> using both signaling and non-signaling tty's (ex tty2A and tty2a) with
> no change in operation, ie, if I enter stty -hupcl and the exit it always
> disconnects the modem.
> Steve Corso

Getty is hanging up the phone explicitly; you may be able to stop it
with a -h option to getty (check your /etc/inittab).

Good luck.

 | Chris Gonnerman (Mad Programmer At Large)   csusac.ecs.csus.edu!tree!jcg   |
 | @ the Tree BBS, Sacramento, CA              ucbvax!ucdavis!csusac!tree!jcg |
 +----------  DISCLAIMER: These opinions are mine... MINE, I say!  -----------+