[comp.unix.xenix.sco] Hangup doesn't kill login

jay@gdx.UUCP (Jay A. Snyder) (11/28/90)

When a serial port login, either modem or direct connect hangs up, the
login hangs around for the next caller.  A HUP signal doesn't seem to
be generated.

Any ideas?  Send via Email, I'll post summary.

Jay A. Snyder 					 "Let Me Up!  I've had enough"
wa3wbu!gdx!jay@uunet.uu.net
uunet!wa3wbu!gdx!jay

kevin@utekza.UUCP (Kevin Gribble) (12/03/90)

In article <69@gdx.UUCP> jay@gdx.UUCP (Jay A. Snyder) writes:
%
%When a serial port login, either modem or direct connect hangs up, the
%login hangs around for the next caller.  A HUP signal doesn't seem to
%be generated.
%

Set your stty settings to : stty hupcl < /dev/tty*

Kevin Gribble
kevin@utekza.UUCP	....!ddsw1!olsa99!iosys!utekza!kevin

jay@gdx.UUCP (Jay A. Snyder) (12/05/90)

>In article <69@gdx.UUCP> jay@gdx.UUCP (Jay A. Snyder) writes:
>%
>%When a serial port login, either modem or direct connect hangs up, the
>%login hangs around for the next caller.  A HUP signal doesn't seem to
>%be generated.
>%
>
>Set your stty settings to : stty hupcl < /dev/tty*

I already did.  The programs are not even getting the hangup signal.
If I user is in VP/ix and hangs up, the VP/ix remains, yet a kill -1
(hangup signal) on the process makes it exit.

Let me rephrase my question:
  Hangup from modem doesn't generate HANGUP signal -- HELP!