[comp.unix.xenix.sco] Anyone had problems with ODT on Dell systems?

asterian@bcarh592.bnr.ca (Andrew Sterian) (01/03/91)

Our local reps. hinted that Dell computers have trouble running ODT
under UNIX due to some hardware incompatibilites but refused to
elaborate.  Has anyone out there had any good or bad experiences
with this combination?  I'm specifically referring to a Dell 325
system.

Please post replies -- I cannot receive e-mail

Thanks,

Andrew

rfarris@rfengr.com (Rick Farris) (01/03/91)

In article <5161@bwdls58.UUCP> asterian@bcarh592.bnr.ca (Andrew Sterian) writes:

> Our local reps. hinted that Dell computers have trouble
> running ODT under UNIX due to some hardware incompatibilites
> but refused to elaborate.  Has anyone out there had any good
> or bad experiences with this combination?

I've installed ODT 1.0 on a Dell 425 with no problems.  I
had to install a standard VGA card, as the Renaissance
Rendition II card in the Dell 425 is not supported by ODT.
At least not yet.

Otherwise there were no problems.

--
Rick Farris  RF Engineering POB M Del Mar, CA 92014  voice (619) 259-6793
rfarris@rfengr.com     ...!ucsd!serene!rfarris      serenity bbs 259-7757