[comp.unix.xenix.sco] Using an autobaud modem with Xenix 386 2.3.2

svante@kberg.se (Svante Gellerstam) (01/08/91)

I am having some problems with an autobaud modem (MultiTech MultiModem
V32). The main nuisance is that the current terminal driver knows
nothing of handshaking with the CTS / RTS protocol. I have heard about
a driver named FAS that is supposed to work here. Unfortunately I have
not been able to locate a site where I can obtain this package.

Any pointers to where one can get this driver are appreciated. I have
no ftp access.

Thank you, /svante

--
Svante Gellerstam		svante@kberg.se, d87sg@efd.lth.se

grwalter@watfun.uwaterloo.ca (Fred Walter) (01/09/91)

svante@kberg.se (Svante Gellerstam) writes:
>I am having some problems with an autobaud modem (MultiTech MultiModem
>V32). The main nuisance is that the current terminal driver knows
>nothing of handshaking with the CTS / RTS protocol. I have heard about

Huh ? Where in the docs is that ? There are things you can stty that
supposedly turn on CTS/RTS (unless I'm mistaken).

>a driver named FAS that is supposed to work here. Unfortunately I have
>not been able to locate a site where I can obtain this package.

I'm posting rather than emailing this because I figure other people would likeu
to know as well. I found this article on comp.unix.sysv386.

>From: wietse@wzv.win.tue.nl (Wietse Venema)
>Subject: Re: Where is the driver FTP site ?
>
>An archive of sources for 80[23]86 System V UNIX device drivers and
>related utilities is at host ftp.win.tue.nl (131.155.2.8), directory
>/pub/sysvX86. Those without direct FTP access can try the mail-based
>ftp server at bitftp@pucc.princeton.edu.

In there is FAS 2.07, which (according to the docs; I haven't
tried it yet) will work with Xenix.

	fred