[comp.unix.xenix.sco] alternate mailers for SCO SysV?

oli@odbffm.incom.de (Oliver Boehmer) (01/13/91)

To all uucp-administrators using SCO's mmdf-mailer or using a different
mailer with SCO SysV

I've just finished installing uucp on my computer (AT386 w/ SCO SystemV
3.2) and I've already had a hard time doing so (especially all this mmdf
stuff). I'd like to know if some of you folks out there are using SCO for
uucp and I'd appreciate it if you could give me some advice. The biggest
problems I have is the mailer, I don't know enough about it and it seems
that there aren't many administrators how use this SCO-Mailer mmdf.

I'd also like to know if there's another mailer around that has been proven
to run under the above installation, I'd be glad to hear about it and to
install it on my system.
In any case, I'd like to know more about the SCO-files /usr/mmdf/tabel/*
and /usr/mmdf/mmdftailor, how to adapt these to the specific needs of uucp
addressing (smart-host, various domains, local domains... etc.) and how to
use them efficiently.

I hope I'll hear something from you. Thanks in advance,

	Oli Boehmer, Frankfurt, West (oops, now it's only) Germany
					(old habits die hard...)

Oliver Boehmer  			uucp:   oli@odbffm.incom.de
Frankfurt, Germany	     			oli@rniwd.UUCP
+49-69-331461 (voice)	            Zerberus:   O.BOEHMER@LINK-F.ZER

paulz@sco.COM (W. Paul Zola) (01/16/91)

In article <1991Jan13.125654.26960@wrkof.incom.de> oli@odbffm.incom.de (Oliver Boehmer) writes:
[ difficulties in setting up SCO MMDF deleted]

I'd just like to remind everyone who is having problems setting up MMDF
under SCO UNIX of the existance of the 'MMDF configuration guide',
recently posted to the net.  These documents, developed by my esteemed
cube-mate Chris Durham, give you step-by-step insructions on how to set
up your MMDF configuration files for a variety of setups.  I reccomend
them highly.

I don't want to repost them now:  they went out on the net quite
recently and I don't want to waste bandwith.  If you need a copy,
they're available as "Configuring MMDF in a UUCP environment under SCO
UNIX System V/386" and "Configuring MMDF in a TCP/IP environment under
SCO UNIX System V/386" from the SCO Support department.

I hope this helps you out.

}----------------------------------------------------------------------
}Oliver Boehmer  			uucp:   oli@odbffm.incom.de
}Frankfurt, Germany	     			oli@rniwd.UUCP
}+49-69-331461 (voice)	            Zerberus:   O.BOEHMER@LINK-F.ZER
}----------------------------------------------------------------------

-
Paul Zola			Software Support Engineer
				paulz@sco.COM
Gotta tend the earth if you want a rose.  - Emily Saliers
    DISCLAIMER: I speak for myself, and not for SCO.

klarich@d.cs.okstate.edu (KLARICH TERRY JAME) (01/17/91)

In article <13528@scorn.sco.COM> paulz@sco.COM (W. Paul Zola) writes:

>In article <1991Jan13.125654.26960@wrkof.incom.de> oli@odbffm.incom.de (Oliver Boehmer) writes:
>[ difficulties in setting up SCO MMDF deleted]
>
>I'd just like to remind everyone who is having problems setting up MMDF
>under SCO UNIX of the existance of the 'MMDF configuration guide',
>recently posted to the net.  These documents, developed by my esteemed
>cube-mate Chris Durham, give you step-by-step insructions on how to set
>up your MMDF configuration files for a variety of setups.  I reccomend
>them highly.
>
>I don't want to repost them now:  they went out on the net quite
>recently and I don't want to waste bandwith.  If you need a copy,
>they're available as "Configuring MMDF in a UUCP environment under SCO
>UNIX System V/386" and "Configuring MMDF in a TCP/IP environment under
>SCO UNIX System V/386" from the SCO Support department.

I would be glad to put these files up for anonymous ftp or I could email
out a few copies to interested persons.  That is, if no copy right laws
will be broken.

Terry Klarich
Terry Klarich <klarich@d.cs.okstate.edu> n5hts