[comp.unix.xenix.sco] Problems with C-News

oli@odbffm.incom.de (Oliver Boehmer) (02/04/91)

Hi!
I just started using C-News on my machine, and I've a big problem with my
history.pag-file. The size of it is about 7 MB, but I only have about 1000
articles on my machine. The problems resulting are that relaynews and
expire take a looooong time to run, maybe due to excessive paging (I got
4MB Ram). I'm using C-News' dbz-database.
What can I do, what might be the problem, please help me. (mkhistory
doesn't solve the problem, it creates a file same size...)
Thanks, oli

Oliver Boehmer, Frankfurt, Germany           oli@odbffm.incom.de
+49-69-331461 (voice) +49-60-308265 (1200/2400)
If God is perfect, why did He create discontinuous functions?

In article <1991Feb3.162539.24347@odbffm.incom.de> oli@odbffm.incom.de (Oliver Boehmer) writes:
>I just started using C-News on my machine, and I've a big problem with my
>history.pag-file. The size of it is about 7 MB, but I only have about 1000
>articles on my machine. The problems resulting are that relaynews and
>expire take a looooong time to run...

Recompile dbz.c without -O.  Almost certainly you have the infamous
compiler bug described in notebook/problems.
--
"Maybe we should tell the truth?"      | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
"Surely we aren't that desperate yet." |  henry@zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry