[comp.unix.xenix.sco] wanted gcc and g++ for SCO Xenix 2.3.x

bergquis@nms.gdc.portal.com (Brett Bergquist) (02/01/91)

Has anyone ported gcc and g++ to run on SCO Xenix 2.3.x ?  If so where
can I get a copy of the binaries or patches to the original sources?

--
Brett M. Bergquist, Principal Engineer | "Remind me" ... "to write an
General DataComm, Inc.,                | "article on the compulsive reading

srodawa@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Ron Srodawa) (02/02/91)

In article <165@sun35.nms.gdc.portal.com> bergquis@nms.gdc.portal.com (Brett Bergquist) writes:
>Has anyone ported gcc and g++ to run on SCO Xenix 2.3.x ?  If so where
>can I get a copy of the binaries or patches to the original sources?

The binaries and patches both are available via anonymous ftp on
unix.oakland.edu in /pub/xenix.  You can get gcc from anomaly via uucp.
They have posted the telephone number from time-to-time.  I have on occassion
mailed diskettes (2) with the gcc port in form ready for custom.  I don't want
inundated, but this could be done as a last resort if you can't otherwise get
access.  BTW, I just got TeX3.0 running and there is a groff1.0 done by the
folks at RoboBar.  I'll put both those up on the archive soon. (Soon==sometime
next week)  I'll announce separately and perhaps review the archive contents in
the same note.  Ron.

--
| Ronald J. Srodawa               | Internet: srodawa@unix.secs.oakland.edu |
| School of Engineering and CS    | UUCP:     srodawa@egrunix.UUCP          |

simon@ms.uky.edu (G. Simon Gales) (02/04/91)

In article <165@sun35.nms.gdc.portal.com> bergquis@nms.gdc.portal.com (Brett Bergquist) writes:
>Has anyone ported gcc and g++ to run on SCO Xenix 2.3.x ?  If so where
>can I get a copy of the binaries or patches to the original sources?

Well I got a copy of the binaries from somewhere, sorry Brett, I forgot
where.  Anyway, the g++ include file are looking for <socket.h>, which I
don't seem to have.  I encountered this when trying to compile groff.

Anyone seen this before?

--
                    Simon Gales@The University of Kentucky
      simon@ms.uky.edu    simon@UKMA.BITNET    {rutgers, uunet}!ukma!simon

srodawa@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Ron Srodawa) (02/04/91)

In article <1991Feb3.161004.9888@ms.uky.edu> simon@ms.uky.edu (G. Simon Gales) writes:
>In article <165@sun35.nms.gdc.portal.com> bergquis@nms.gdc.portal.com (Brett Bergquist) writes:
>>Has anyone ported gcc and g++ to run on SCO Xenix 2.3.x ?  If so where
>>can I get a copy of the binaries or patches to the original sources?

gcc and g++ are available via anonymous ftp from unix.oakland.edu (141.210.180.2)
in directories under /pub/xenix.  groff binaries are there too, although you
still need to get the source to extract the fonts.  I haven't had time to
move the source there yet.
Ron.

--
| Ronald J. Srodawa               | Internet: srodawa@unix.secs.oakland.edu |
| School of Engineering and CS    | UUCP:     srodawa@egrunix.UUCP          |
| Oakland University              | Voice:    (313) 370-2247                |
| Rochester, Michigan  48309-4401 |                                         |

bergquis@nms.gdc.portal.com (Brett Bergquist) (02/05/91)

Thanks for all of your help.--