[comp.unix.xenix.sco] Need Info: Coco net

bill@wgc386.mv.com (William Gibbs) (02/05/91)

I have several clients who have become interested in CocoNet (sp?).  I
don't know a thing about it so _any_ information would be helpful.  Some
of the things I would like to know are:

1. Is it real (i.e. a solid product)?

2. Does it allow use of the UNIX/Xenix spoolers?

3. Are there any limitations for the DOS and Mac environments?  (e.g.
certain programs "may not run", etc.

4. For the Mac, is there an interface from Microsoft Mail to UNIX mail?

5. For the Mac, can Mac applications be launched from the server?

6. Any other expreiences or information that might be helpful in making
a recommendation to someone who is considering the product (or to
someone who may have to support the product :-)  ).

I've posted these questions to the net before talking to sales people
because I respect the opinions of the net more than I believe the sales
people.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Bill
--
William Gibbs                                     bill@wgc386.mv.com
42 Ayer Road

jbayer@ispi.COM (Jonathan Bayer) (02/07/91)

bill@wgc386.mv.com (William Gibbs) writes:

>I have several clients who have become interested in CocoNet (sp?).  I
>don't know a thing about it so _any_ information would be helpful.  Some
>of the things I would like to know are:

>1. Is it real (i.e. a solid product)?

Yes

>2. Does it allow use of the UNIX/Xenix spoolers?

Yes

>3. Are there any limitations for the DOS and Mac environments?  (e.g.
>certain programs "may not run", etc.

I don't know about the Macs, but on DOS the only problems I ever saw was with
memory hogs.

>4. For the Mac, is there an interface from Microsoft Mail to UNIX mail?

??? I don't know

>5. For the Mac, can Mac applications be launched from the server?

I don't know

>6. Any other expreiences or information that might be helpful in making
>a recommendation to someone who is considering the product (or to
>someone who may have to support the product :-)  ).

>I've posted these questions to the net before talking to sales people
>because I respect the opinions of the net more than I believe the sales
>people.

>Thanks for any help you can give.

Your Welcome

>Bill
>--
>William Gibbs                                     bill@wgc386.mv.com
>42 Ayer Road
>Nashua, NH 03060
>(603) 886-4243                   {decvax | harvard}!zinn!wgc386!bill

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.