[comp.unix.xenix.sco] COM4/IRQ2 w/FAS 2.08

gomez@ENUXHA.EAS.ASU.EDU (Jose L. Gomez-Rubio) (02/21/91)

Anyone know what it takes to make Xenix/386 2.3.2 COM4/IRQ2 serial port
to work?  Meaning, I can talk with my modem at COM3/IRQ5 but not with
COM4/IRQ2.

I'm using FAS 2.08.  I followed the instructions in the INSTALLATION notes
for using 4 ports for XENIX (editing /usr/sys/conf/master).

I've modified the fas_vec array to include vectors 0x4, 0x3, 0x5, and 0x9.
fas_port array is initialized as 0x3f8, 0x2f8, 0x3e8, 0x2e8.  I've also
added MC_SET_OUT2 to the fas_mcb array, and an extra modem control flag to
fas_modem array.  Same for fas_flow array.  Extra zero added to fas_ctl_port
and fas_ctl_val array.

I've even modified /usr/sys/conf/io/sioconf for COM3 & 4.

Then ran ./link_xenix and ./hdinstall.  FAS 2.08 recognizes the UARTs but
Xenix doesn't know about COM4/IRQ2.

Thanks for the help.
--
gomez@enuxha.eas.asu.edu

gemini@geminix.in-berlin.de (Uwe Doering) (02/24/91)

gomez@ENUXHA.EAS.ASU.EDU (Jose L. Gomez-Rubio) writes:

>Anyone know what it takes to make Xenix/386 2.3.2 COM4/IRQ2 serial port
>to work?  Meaning, I can talk with my modem at COM3/IRQ5 but not with
>COM4/IRQ2.
>
>I'm using FAS 2.08.  I followed the instructions in the INSTALLATION notes
>for using 4 ports for XENIX (editing /usr/sys/conf/master).
>
>I've modified the fas_vec array to include vectors 0x4, 0x3, 0x5, and 0x9.

Obviously, you _didn't_ follow the instructions in INSTALLATION very well.
It is clearly stated that under Xenix IRQ2 is vector 31 (octal), that is
25 in decimal. There is even an example for using IRQ2 in this file.
Just make sure that you use this value in all configuration files that
contain vector numbers.

     Uwe
--
Uwe Doering  |  INET : gemini@geminix.in-berlin.de