[comp.unix.xenix.sco] SCO-List

tbissett@nstar.rn.com (Travis Bissett) (03/11/91)

Please, someone email me a copy of the posting that announced how to get on
(and off) the SCO newsletter mailing list. I've lost the reference to it and
I need to alter my status. Thanks in advance ;-)

--
Travis Bissett                       NSTAR conferencing site 219-289-0287
internet: tbissett@nstar.rn.com              1300 newsgroups - 8 inbound lines

mpd@anomaly.SBS.COM (Michael P. Deignan) (03/13/91)

tbissett@nstar.rn.com (Travis Bissett) writes:

>Please, someone email me a copy of the posting that announced how to get on
>(and off) the SCO newsletter mailing list. I've lost the reference to it and
>I need to alter my status. Thanks in advance ;-)

To get added, you send a mail message to "sco-list-request" which says

add: youraddress@whereever.domain

---

To get off, you can try to send a message to "sco-list-request" which
says:

delete: youraddress@whereever.domain

---

However, I warn you that the latter very rarely works, and generally
requires intervention by the list administrator to remove you from the
mailing list.

I recommend you subscribe to the SCO.* newsgroups instead. These will
give you better quality information, without the hassles of getting 5
or 10 copies of each message posted to sco-list, as has happened to
people many, many times.

Read Sean Fulton's column a few months ago in UNIX TODAY for a complete
review of the SCO-LIST. You might want to re-consider joining it.

MD
--
--  Michael P. Deignan                      /
--  Domain: mpd@anomaly.sbs.com            / "The Mother Of All Battles"