[comp.unix.xenix.sco] Korn shell on sco

tduncan@secola.Columbia.NCR.COM (Terry Duncan) (03/12/91)

Does anyone know where I can get Korn shell for SCO?  I don't have ftp access.

Thanx

mtv@milton.u.washington.edu (David Schanen) (03/13/91)

  Does anyone know where to get korn shell? I *do* have ftp access.

	-Dave--

 Inet: mtv@milton.u.washington.edu  * 8kyu *  UUNET: ...uunet!uw-beaver!u!mtv

thostr@stud.cs.uit.no (Thomas Strandenaes) (03/13/91)

In article <307@secola.Columbia.NCR.COM> tduncan@secola.Columbia.NCR.COM (Terry S. Duncan) writes:
>Does anyone know where I can get Korn shell for SCO?  I don't have ftp access.
>
>Thanx

Get the Bourne Again SHell, BASH, from GNU. Of course, you'll need the
devsys to get this think working. Mail gnu@prep.ai.mit.edu

--
////      Thomas Strandenaes            |e-mail  : thostr@stud.cs.uit.no    ///
///Dept. of Computer Science, University|  bang  :                         ///

mtv@milton.u.washington.edu (David Schanen) (03/14/91)

In article <1991Mar13.120857.12127@mack.uit.no> thostr@stud.cs.uit.no (Thomas Strandenaes) writes:

>Get the Bourne Again SHell, BASH, from GNU. Of course, you'll need the
>devsys to get this think working. Mail gnu@prep.ai.mit.edu

   I have heard that KSH is superior to BASH, any opinions from those in the
know?

   Also a devsys is not necessary to utilize BASH, I have it running now.  I
would be interested in trying KSH.  All I need is *one* person using Xenix386
to uuencode it and send it to me and I will be off and running...

   Wait!  Please send mail first, if you do have it to send, so my mail box
doesn't go over my quota limit :)

	Thanks,
		-Dave
--

 Inet: mtv@milton.u.washington.edu  * 8kyu *  UUNET: ...uunet!uw-beaver!u!mtv

bob@consult.UUCP (Bob Willey) (03/14/91)

In article <1991Mar13.120857.12127@mack.uit.no> thostr@stud.cs.uit.no (Thomas Strandenaes) writes:
>In article <307@secola.Columbia.NCR.COM> tduncan@secola.Columbia.NCR.COM (Terry S. Duncan) writes:
>>Does anyone know where I can get Korn shell for SCO?  I don't have ftp access.
>Get the Bourne Again SHell, BASH, from GNU. Of course, you'll need the
>devsys to get this think working. Mail gnu@prep.ai.mit.edu

There was a recent article that mentioned that SCO would be continuing
SCO Xenix for a long time and were preparing another release 2.3.4
which would include among other things korn shell.

This does not surprise me with activity of SCO Xenix out in the marketplace.
Volume talks.
We are looking forward to having the korn shell included as well.
The BASH utility isn't bad in the interim.

--
>.. CCS Enterprises, Inc.           ..    Bob Willey, CDP     ..<
>.. P.O. Drawer 1690                ..    uunet!consult!bob   ..<
>.. Easton, Maryland  21601         ..    (301) 820-4670      ..<
>.......................BBS: (301) 476-5098.....................<

sginn@hlthnt.UUCP (Steve Ginn) (03/15/91)

Please send me the UUENCODED KSH when its available.

Thanks,

Steve Ginn

news@m2xenix.psg.com (Randy Bush) (03/18/91)

Yup.  The quote in "UNIX World" was something like, 'guess we should keep
supporting the version with the biggest single installed base of any UNIX out
there.'

I can live without ksh.  But I really want symlinks and job control.  Think
what symlinks would do for your news paritiion(s).

--
Randy Bush  / news@psg.com  / ..!uunet!m2xenix!news