[comp.unix.xenix.sco] Wanted GCC binarys for xenix 386

bbs.maning@mudslide.spies.sf-bay.org (The Dark Tide) (03/19/91)

 I just read a message regarding someone who wants the 286 version
 and he sayd that unix.oakland has it.  I'm new to the internet
 and am not familar with how things are done.  But I have a friend
 who has ftp access, if You would be kind enough to tell me what
 information he needs to get those files for me I would be very greatfull.

 Also, is ther a public version of tcp/ip for xenix??

  The Dark Tide...
    aka  Man-ing

--
The Dark Tide (bbs.maning@mudslide.spies.sf-bay.org)

Spies in the Wire, PUBLIC ACCESS UNIX  -- (408) 867-7400

srodawa@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Ron Srodawa) (03/20/91)

In article <4wL2y3w164w@mudslide.spies.sf-bay.org> bbs.maning@mudslide.spies.sf-bay.org (The Dark Tide) writes:

> I just read a message regarding someone who wants the 286 version
> and he sayd that unix.oakland has it.  I'm new to the internet
> and am not familar with how things are done.  But I have a friend
> who has ftp access, if You would be kind enough to tell me what
> information he needs to get those files for me I would be very greatfull.
>
> Also, is ther a public version of tcp/ip for xenix??

There is a small archive of Xenix programs, source and binaries, on
unix.oakland.edu (141.210.180.2) available via anonymous ftp.
They are in subdirectories in /pub/xenix.  Within ftp, issue the
command "cd /pub/ftp" followed by "ls" to see these subdirectories.
You will find kermit, gcc, and g++ there.  We are working on TeX and
LaTeX, dvips, lprclient (a program which will install remote unix
printers using the BSD remote printer protocol as printers for the
lp command).

There is no public domain TCP/IP software for Xenix.

Ron.

--
| Ronald J. Srodawa               | Internet: srodawa@vela.secs.oakland.edu |
| School of Engineering and CS    | UUCP:     srodawa@vela.UUCP             |