[comp.unix.xenix.sco] XENIX Vermont Views and COLOR

mikula@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu (Tim L. Mikula) (03/20/91)

I have been using Vermont Views (from Vermont Creative Software)
for several months now. My application uses color to show
the state of several fields.

My users connect to our XENIX systems from color PCs on their
desk. Does anyone know of a program that will emulate a terminal
capable of displaying color (on a remote PC), from a Vermont
Views application? We tryed DoubleView without any luck.

-Tim Mikula (mikula@cs.umn.edu)

perry@bluemtn (Perry Minyard (3MTA3)) (03/26/91)

In article <1991Mar20.000651.14952@cs.umn.edu> mikula@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu (Tim L. Mikula) writes:
>I have been using Vermont Views (from Vermont Creative Software)
>for several months now. My application uses color to show
>the state of several fields.
>
>My users connect to our XENIX systems from color PCs on their
>desk. Does anyone know of a program that will emulate a terminal
>capable of displaying color (on a remote PC), from a Vermont
>Views application? We tryed DoubleView without any luck.

>-Tim Mikula (mikula@cs.umn.edu)

Tim-
We have been using DoubleView for about a year now.  The Xenix 'setcolor'
command will change the colors under Dbview with no problems.   We are
using SCO CONSOLE emulation, and have DEVICE=ANSI.SYS in our config.sys
file.

                               | Perry Minyard
"A mind is a terrible thing    | ..!emory!bluemtn!perry              (UUCP)
 to taste." - Ministry         | perry@bluemtn.atl.ga.us             (Internet)