[comp.unix.xenix.sco] SCO-LIST Mailing List

mintha@loon.ubc.ca (Jim Mintha) (03/28/91)

    After recieveing about 250 copies of one message in a 12 hr. period
from the SCO-LIST mailing list, I stop receiving anything.  Today I got
a piece of mail saying that I had been unsubscribed from the list.  It
said that either I requested it, or the mail destined for me bounced.
Since I did not request "unsubscription", it must be the later problem,

Jim Mintha					University of British Columbia
Programming Assistant				Geography Department
e-mail: mintha@geog.ubc.ca			Vancouver, B.C.

jpr@jpradley.jpr.com (Jean-Pierre Radley) (03/31/91)

In article <1991Mar28.024706.8116@unixg.ubc.ca> mintha@loon.ubc.ca (Jim Mintha) writes:
>    After recieveing about 250 copies of one message in a 12 hr. period
>from the SCO-LIST mailing list, I stop receiving anything.  Today I got
>a piece of mail saying that I had been unsubscribed from the list.  It
>said that either I requested it, or the mail destined for me bounced.
>Since I did not request "unsubscription", it must be the later problem,
>Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I too was receiving these dups-by-the-dozen, but in the last two days,
I've not received anything at all from the sco-list.

Is it hoist on its own petard?
--

 Jean-Pierre Radley   NYC Public Unix   jpr@jpradley.jpr.com   CIS: 72160,1341

bill@camco.Celestial.COM (Bill Campbell) (04/02/91)

In <1991Mar30.211334.27570@jpradley.jpr.com> jpr@jpradley.jpr.com (Jean-Pierre Radley) writes:

>I too was receiving these dups-by-the-dozen, but in the last two days,
>I've not received anything at all from the sco-list.

>Is it hoist on its own petard?
>--

> Jean-Pierre Radley   NYC Public Unix   jpr@jpradley.jpr.com   CIS: 72160,1341

I haven't received anything from sco-list since March 26th.

We had a ton of duplicates prior to that, but didn't pass them
through to the sites we feed in the Northwest.  I am using
``deliver'' and put a very simple Message-Id check in to DROP
(and log) all duplicate postings.

I think all those duplicates may well have been caused by someone
feeding mail recursively back to uunet!sco-list.

I would like very much to see it working again!

Bill
--
INTERNET:  bill@Celestial.COM   Bill Campbell; Celestial Software
UUCP:   ...!thebes!camco!bill   6641 East Mercer Way

jpr@jpradley.jpr.com (Jean-Pierre Radley) (04/03/91)

In article <958@camco.Celestial.COM> bill@camco.Celestial.COM (Bill Campbell) writes:

>I haven't received anything from sco-list since March 26th.
>
>I would like very much to see it working again!

As an April Fool's gift, the list is on again. So far, I've had about fifteen
messages. No duplicates -- yet!
--

 Jean-Pierre Radley   NYC Public Unix   jpr@jpradley.jpr.com   CIS: 72160,1341