[comp.unix.xenix.sco] Uucp problems

kersing@falken.hobby.nl (Jac Kersing) (04/02/91)

Who knows the answer to the following problems:

- when uucico is active and I start printing uucico stops all
  serial transactions causing lots of timeouts. Active logins at
  the same port don't have any problem when I'm printing
  (so I figure it's uucicos problem.)
- uucicos status file xferstats is not useable. The transfer rates
  are all < 86 cps (with a 2400 bps modem, so I don't believe those
  figures).

Are there updates to get rid of these problems for Xenix/386 2.3.1???
--
 Jac Kersing                | Bang: ...hp4nl!hgatenl!tedux!falken!kersing
                            | Smart: kersing@falken.hobby.nl
 Flames to /dev/null        | FidoNet: Jac Kersing 2:286/402 or 403

drolet@drolet.CAM.ORG (Jean-Jacques Drolet) (04/07/91)

In <1991Apr1.203826.815@falken.hobby.nl> kersing@falken.hobby.nl (Jac Kersing) writes:

>Who knows the answer to the following problems:

>- when uucico is active and I start printing uucico stops all
>  serial transactions causing lots of timeouts. Active logins at
>  the same port don't have any problem when I'm printing
>  (so I figure it's uucicos problem.)
>- uucicos status file xferstats is not useable. The transfer rates
>  are all < 86 cps (with a 2400 bps modem, so I don't believe those
>  figures).

>Are there updates to get rid of these problems for Xenix/386 2.3.1???
>--
> Jac Kersing                | Bang: ...hp4nl!hgatenl!tedux!falken!kersing
>                            | Smart: kersing@falken.hobby.nl
> Flames to /dev/null        | FidoNet: Jac Kersing 2:286/402 or 403

The Santa Cruz Operation offers a support level supplement (SLS) that
will upgrade your UUCP and should get rid of your problems. It is
available by anonymous ftp on uunet.uu.net in the directory
/sco-archive/SLS. I can't remember the exact file name, but you can
find it in the info file, in the same directory as the SLS. If you
don't have access to ftp, contact me. I will try to send
the SLS to you. (I don't think there are any legal problems with this.)

Good luck!
--
Jean-Jacques P. Drolet         |    Snail: 2631 boul. Liegeois, Sainte-Foy
National Optics Institute      |           Quebec, Canada, G1W 1Z5