[comp.unix.xenix.sco] C-ISAM for SCO Unix

sosic@cs.utah.edu (Rok Sosic) (04/04/91)

I am posting this message for a friend without access to Usenet.
Please, send responses directly to him.

Thank you				Rok

Our company has ported a package of 500 000 lines of Cobol
programs from VMS to SCO UNIX 386 using MicroFocus Level 2 Cobol.

Now we are looking for a C-ISAM library which would support transactions
(after image buffering, commit and rollback, transactions logging and
recovery). Are there any existing C-ISAM packages which provide such
kind of functions for SCO UNIX platform?

Igor Dolinsek

Result d.o.o.
Lepi Pot 25, 61000 Ljubljana,
Slovenia
Yugoslavia

Fax: + 38 61 21 68 05
Phone: + 38 61 21 73 12
E-mail: krpan!igor@relay.EU.net

dick@ahds.UUCP (Dick Heijne CCS/TS) (04/05/91)

In article <1991Apr3.191928.21046@hellgate.utah.edu>, sosic@cs.utah.edu (Rok Sosic) writes:

> I am posting this message for a friend without access to Usenet.
> Please, send responses directly to him.

I saw this question several times in this group lately, so I think posting
it here is relevant...
> Thank you
Welcome

> Now we are looking for a C-ISAM library which would support transactions
> (after image buffering, commit and rollback, transactions logging and
> recovery). Are there any existing C-ISAM packages which provide such
> kind of functions for SCO UNIX platform?

As far as I can see the RDS C-ISAM package should cover your needs.
The product is just called "C-ISAM Relational Database System" and
developped by:

	Relational Database Systems Inc., Menlo Park, California
	(I have no complete address here, but:)

and is distributed by Informix Inc.
See your local Informix dealer for more details.

Dick.

thostr@stud.cs.uit.no (Thomas Strandenaes) (04/06/91)

In article <1929@ahds.UUCP> dick@ahds.UUCP (Dick Heijne CCS/TS) writes:
>In article <1991Apr3.191928.21046@hellgate.utah.edu>, sosic@cs.utah.edu (Rok Sosic) writes:
>>
>> I am posting this message for a friend without access to Usenet.
>> Please, send responses directly to him.
>>
>I saw this question several times in this group lately, so I think posting
>it here is relevant...
>> Thank you
>Welcome
>>
>> Now we are looking for a C-ISAM library which would support transactions
>> (after image buffering, commit and rollback, transactions logging and
>> recovery). Are there any existing C-ISAM packages which provide such
>> kind of functions for SCO UNIX platform?
>
>As far as I can see the RDS C-ISAM package should cover your needs.
>The product is just called "C-ISAM Relational Database System" and
>developped by:

What about Faircom C-tree from Faircom?

--
////      Thomas Strandenaes            |e-mail  : thostr@stud.cs.uit.no    ///
///Dept. of Computer Science, University|  bang  :                         ///

johnw@group1.UUCP (John Wheeler) (04/07/91)

In article <1929@ahds.UUCP> dick@ahds.UUCP (Dick Heijne CCS/TS) writes:
>In article <1991Apr3.191928.21046@hellgate.utah.edu>, sosic@cs.utah.edu (Rok Sosic) writes:
>>
>As far as I can see the RDS C-ISAM package should cover your needs.
>The product is just called "C-ISAM Relational Database System" and
>developped by:
>
>	Relational Database Systems Inc., Menlo Park, California
>	(I have no complete address here, but:)
>
>and is distributed by Informix Inc.
>See your local Informix dealer for more details.

The C-ISAM product, developed by RDS   ** IS ** Informix C-ISAM.
It is available as an off-the-shelf product using RDS'S  *new*
name...Informix.

--
John Wheeler - Informix-4GL / SQL, Unix, and broadcast audio bunny
formerly with Informix Professional Services and Turner Broadcasting

dick@ahds.UUCP (Dick Heijne CCS/TS) (04/11/91)

In article <1991Apr06.180619.18371@group1.UUCP>, johnw@group1.UUCP (John Wheeler) writes:
> It is available as an off-the-shelf product using RDS'S  *new*
> name...Informix.

Jeez' thanks! Still learning every day!
Dick.