[comp.unix.xenix.sco] SCO Unix 3.2r2

ballen@sfrmc.UUCP (System Administrator / Owner) (04/10/91)

	I am having a problem understanding how to create the file in
/usr/mmdf/tables (in an automated fashion).  I don't really want to key in a
great amount of lines of data in order to send mail to a system that my Systems
file doesn't directly know about.  I thought I understood that there is soft-
ware that will convert the uucp maps off the net into these files.  Any help
would be very appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

emanuele@overlf.UUCP (Mark A. Emanuele) (04/13/91)

In article <10@sfrmc.UUCP>, ballen@sfrmc.UUCP (System Administrator / Owner) writes:

> 	I am having a problem understanding how to create the file in
> /usr/mmdf/tables (in an automated fashion).  I don't really want to key in a
> great amount of lines of data in order to send mail to a system that my Systems
> file doesn't directly know about.  I thought I understood that there is soft-
> ware that will convert the uucp maps off the net into these files.  Any help
> would be very appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Somewhere on uunet there is a program called process-uucp.
This will take the pathalias output and convert it into a channel table
and a domains table for you.

You need to get the source for the index() function off the bsd sources
distribution on uunet in order to link this.

-
--
Mark A. Emanuele
V.P. Engineering  Overleaf, Inc.

ronald@robobar.co.uk (Ronald S H Khoo) (04/15/91)

[ what's this doing in .xenix.sco ?  Xenix doesn't even have MMDF!
  Followups redirected to comp.mail.misc ]

emanuele@overlf.UUCP (Mark A. Emanuele) writes:

> Somewhere on uunet there is a program called process-uucp.

It's in the current mmdf distribution. mail/mmdf-IIb.43.tar.Z on uunet.
process-uucp.c is under src/tools.  Note that you should execute an
MMDF source license before picking this up.  No, I don't know how to
do this outside the UK.

> You need to get the source for the index() function off the bsd sources
> distribution on uunet in order to link this.

What ?  index() is just the old-fashioned name for strchr()  Just
do cc -Dindex=strchr.
--
Ronald Khoo <ronald@robobar.co.uk> +44 81 991 1142 (O) +44 71 229 7741 (H)

root@eastern.COM (Don O'Shaughnessy) (04/15/91)

emanuele@overlf.UUCP (Mark A. Emanuele) writes:

>> file doesn't directly know about.  I thought I understood that there is soft-
>> ware that will convert the uucp maps off the net into these files.  Any help

If you have pathalias 10 installed, the following shell script will do the
job for you.

Edit for local customization

----------------------------------- cut here ----------------------------------

#! /bin/sh
#
# Create domain and channel tables from the pathalias database
#
# Mark Vasoll
# Computing and Information Sciences   Internet:  vasoll@a.cs.okstate.edu
# Oklahoma State University            UUCP:  {cbosgd, ihnp4, rutgers, seismo,
# Stillwater, Oklahoma                         uiucdcs}!okstate!vasoll
#
PATHS=/tmp/t1$$
DOMAINS=/tmp/t2$$
NODOM=/tmp/t3$$
SUMMARY=/tmp/t4$$
#
MAPFILE="/u/maps/maps/*"
VALIDDOMS="edu gov mil com org net arpa ar at au be ca ch cl de dk es fi fr gr ie il is it jp jpn junet kr lk my net nl no nz pt se sg su th uk us yu"
#
#  create pathalias output, separate into domain and non-domain entries
#
pathalias -v $MAPFILE d.* u.* >$PATHS
egrep '[^ 	]*\.[^ 	]*	' <$PATHS | sed 's/^\.//' | sort -fu >$DOMAINS
egrep -v '[^ 	]*\.[^ 	]*	' <$PATHS >$NODOM
#
#  generate some interesting stats
#
awk '{split($2, arr, "!"); print arr[1];}' <$PATHS >$SUMMARY
echo count neighbor
sort <$SUMMARY | uniq -c
#
#  clobber old output files
#
rm root.dom uucp.dom uucp.chn /tmp/wk$$ 2>/dev/null
#
#  use only those entries that contain valid top-levels
#
for i in $VALIDDOMS
do
	egrep -i "\.$i[ 	]" $DOMAINS >>/tmp/wk$$
done
#
#  generate a "fake" .UUCP domain table for "non-domain" UUCP sites
#  to belong to.  also make a suplimental "top-domain" table that
#  includes the domains from pathalias.  also make the UUCP channel
#  table.
awk '{printf "%s:%s.UUCP\n", $1, $1;}' $NODOM >uucp.dom
awk '{printf "%s.UUCP:%s\n", $1, $2;}' $NODOM >uucp.chn
awk '{printf "%s:%s\n", $1, $1;}' /tmp/wk$$ >root.dom
awk '{printf "%s:%s\n", $1, $2;}' /tmp/wk$$ >>uucp.chn
rm $PATHS $DOMAINS $NODOM $SUMMARY /tmp/wk$$

                   Don O'Shaughnessy  |  Public Affairs Services, Toronto CAN
 ...!{uunet, lsuc, moore}!eastern!don |  V: 1 416 281 4756  F: 1 416 283 7637