[comp.unix.xenix.sco] kermit

jodsmith@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (John Doug Smith) (09/05/90)

MUCH NEEDED INFO.
	Can anyone tell me where I can get a copy of KERMIT for sco xenix
version 2.3.2 (I think) and the price

				Thanx in advance :-)

neal@mnopltd.UUCP (09/05/90)

->
->MUCH NEEDED INFO.
->	Can anyone tell me where I can get a copy of KERMIT for sco xenix
->version 2.3.2 (I think) and the price

Why, your in luck!  This week only we are offering our special new
subscribers limited time offer of only $299 for the complete kermit.  Just
send it in small unmarked bills to PO Box......? Hey, I was just answering
the mail....BUT...

I'm sorry, Elmo does have an imagination.  Just call up Oklahoma State and
get the sources for freebie.   I'm sure someone can get you the uucp
info.   If not, write back and I'll try to dig it up.

Neal Rhodes                       MNOP Ltd                     (404)- 972-5430
President                Lilburn (atlanta) GA 30247             Fax:  978-4741
                             emory!mnopltd!neal

stark@ucselx.sdsu.edu (Brian D. Stark) (04/18/91)

Hi,

I am currently running xenix 2.3.2 on a 386 33 mhz machine w/ 8 meg
memory.  We have the developement system release 2.3.1/1.1.0.  We
are trying to compile some kermit source code that we FTP'd from
columbia university.  We are able to compile it by adding the following
parameters to the command line in the makefile: -DUID_T=int and
-DGID_T=int, we get several redefined warning errors, along with some
warning errors about our types.h file (newline expected after ifdef).

After compiling however we are getting a segmentation fault, is there
anyone out there with a similar machine that runs kermit?  If so could
you e-mail me information on how you aquired and installed it.

Much Thanks,

brian

alan@ahmcs.uucp (Alan Mintz) (04/20/91)

In article <1991Apr17.192459.28901@ucselx.sdsu.edu>, stark@ucselx.sdsu.edu (Brian D. Stark) writes:

> After compiling however we are getting a segmentation fault, is there
> anyone out there with a similar machine that runs kermit?  If so could
> you e-mail me information on how you aquired and installed it.

On the machine unix.oakland.edu, under pub/xenix/kermit (I think...), there
is both a XENIX binary version of C-Kermit (version 4F(095) 31 Aug 89) as
well as a source archive. It works great!

If you don't have Internet access, you can use one of the mail servers like
Princeton's bitftp@pucc.bitnet. Send a message with "HELP" in the body to that
address for more info.
--
< Alan H. Mintz  | alan@mq.com | ...!uunet!ahmcs!alan >