[comp.unix.xenix.sco] Filename Completion for Xenix

u-mwong%peruvian.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Michael Wong) (04/16/91)

   Hi...if anyone knows about a public-domain program that allows filename
completion in SCO Xenix, I'd like to know about it.  Thanks in advance...

-Mike
----------
Michael Wong
u-mwong@peruvian.utah.edu
University of Utah

splee@pogo.gnu.ai.mit.edu (Seng-Poh Lee, Speedy) (04/16/91)

>   Hi...if anyone knows about a public-domain program that allows filename
>completion in SCO Xenix, I'd like to know about it.  Thanks in advance...

Try the bash shell. Its got file name completion, command line editing
and lots more. You can pick up the source from prep.ai.mit.edu, among
other places.

Seng-Poh Lee
splee@gnu.ai.mit.edu

mike@bria.UUCP (Michael Stefanik) (04/17/91)

In an article, u-mwong%peruvian.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Michael Wong) writes:
|Hi...if anyone knows about a public-domain program that allows filename
|completion in SCO Xenix, I'd like to know about it.  Thanks in advance...

The PD "Korn" shell has filename completion (as would BASH, I believe).
Available at your local archive sites ...

--
Michael Stefanik, MGI Inc, Los Angeles | Opinions stated are never realistic
Title of the week: Systems Engineer    | UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike

ken@sugra.uucp (Kenneth Ng) (04/18/91)

In article <14932@life.ai.mit.edu>, splee@pogo.gnu.ai.mit.edu (Seng-Poh Lee, Speedy) writes:
: >   Hi...if anyone knows about a public-domain program that allows filename
: >completion in SCO Xenix, I'd like to know about it.  Thanks in advance...
: Try the bash shell. Its got file name completion, command line editing
: and lots more. You can pick up the source from prep.ai.mit.edu, among
: other places.

I have been trying to get Bash to work under SCO Xenix for several weeks
now (off and on).  Got a list of the changes that need to be made?

--
Kenneth Ng
Please reply to ken@hertz.njit.edu until this machine properly recieves mail.

splee@pogo.gnu.ai.mit.edu (Seng-Poh Lee, Speedy) (04/20/91)

In article <1991Apr18.044912.5848@sugra.uucp> ken@sugra.uucp (Kenneth Ng) writes:

>I have been trying to get Bash to work under SCO Xenix for several weeks
>now (off and on).  Got a list of the changes that need to be made?

Well, the version I now run is unreleased 1.07 and I run it under Xenix 386.
The fixes were actually done by a friend of mine and I haven't actually done
a diff. I'm not sure if I want to put up the diffs until 1.07 is officially
released. If you want, I can mail you the binary (~220K). E-mail me if
you want to go that way.

If you want to have a shot at it yourself, the changes mainly involve the
make file and some defines.

--
Seng-Poh Lee
splee@gnu.ai.mit.edu