[comp.unix.xenix.sco] Ask for suggestions on Networks ..

gerardo@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Ing. Gerardo J. Oliva) (04/24/91)

Hello everyone ..first apologize for the long letter :)

i need some suggestions on network configuartions for SCO Xenix System V
(2.3.2). We have two machines with SCO Xenix Installed and want to
make a connection between them.

I've been reading the system administrator's guide and found the choices
of UUCP and micnet , but i think that they don't offer the features we need .

Basically we want to allow remote login between the machines and
to mount directories from one machine to other (export directories to
the other machine) to make file transfer and to make on line consults
of information.

I'm not really used to work with UUCP or micnet so .. that's why i'm asking for
help.

I think that TCP/IP and NFS (Network File System)  can solve the problem
but i'm not sure if this software is supported under this operating
system (i usually work with  other UNIX systems)

Well you see .. i used to work with the firsts verion of SCO and don't recall
to read about this support.. but things have changed (thank god) and
there's posibilites  now.

Thanks a zillion in advance ..
any comments will be appreciated.

Regards
Gerardo Oliva
internet: gerardo@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx
Bitnet :  POSTMAST@TECMTYVM

From gerardo Wed Apr 24 04:34:29 1991
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 91 04:34:27 CST
From: gerardo (Ing. Gerardo J. Oliva)
To: gerardo
Subject: mail failed

comp.unix.xenix.sco... User unknown
/usr/lib/sendmail -t failed

Your response has been saved in ~/dead.letter

Your article/letter follows:
To: comp.unix.xenix.sco
Subject: Suggestions on networks