[comp.unix.xenix.sco] C ct -- not calling back

akcs.dom@vpnet.chi.il.us (Dominick Gatto) (04/14/91)

I'm using SCO XENIX System 5 on a 386 computer. I'm trying to get the
computer to call me back after I've logged in at home. I issue the command

                   ct -s1200 <phonenumber>

Then when prompted with proceed to hangup. I respond yes, and I get
disconnected. But I don't get a call back.

When I try to call back the host computer, It won't answer; the line just
rings. If I make repeated call backs, I get a connect after about five
minutes.

I feel like I'm close to a success here, but I need to make a minor
adjustment somewhere.

ralfi@pemcom.pem-stuttgart.de (Ralf U. Holighaus) (04/22/91)

akcs.dom@vpnet.chi.il.us (Dominick Gatto) writes:

>                   ct -s1200 <phonenumber>
>disconnected. But I don't get a call back.
>I feel like I'm close to a success here, but I need to make a minor
>adjustment somewhere.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. There IS no working ct with SCO.

Regards

Ralf.
--
  PEM Programmentwicklungsgesellschaft    |         Ralf U. Holighaus
        fuer Microcomputer mbH            |         Technical Support

simon@ms.uky.edu (G. Simon Gales) (04/23/91)

In article <1158@pemcom.pem-stuttgart.de> ralfi@pemcom.pem-stuttgart.de (Ralf U. Holighaus) writes:

>I'm sorry, but you're wrong. There IS no working ct with SCO.

So sorry, but _you_ are wrong.  SCO Xenix 386 (AT & MC) 2.3.[23] both
have working ct commands.  We use then quite a lot, and they work well.
We've never really had a problem with it in any version of xenix, but
we may not have tried them all...

--
                    Simon Gales@The University of Kentucky
      simon@ms.uky.edu    simon@UKMA.BITNET    {rutgers, uunet}!ukma!simon

phil@ls.com (Phil Eschallier) (04/23/91)

In article <1158@pemcom.pem-stuttgart.de> ralfi@pemcom.pem-stuttgart.de (Ralf U. Holighaus) writes:
>akcs.dom@vpnet.chi.il.us (Dominick Gatto) writes:
>>                   ct -s1200 <phonenumber>
>>disconnected. But I don't get a call back.
>>I feel like I'm close to a success here, but I need to make a minor
>>adjustment somewhere.
>I'm sorry, but you're wrong. There IS no working ct with SCO.

	this is wrong also -- i have used ct 100's of times ... my
	way of invoking it is to call in to the xenix box and run
	an 'at' job for about 5 minutes later that does the 'ct' ...
	this will work!!

--
Phil Eschallier     |  E-Mail to:                    US Mail to:
                    |   INET: phil@ls.com             248B Union Street
Lagniappe Systems   |   UUCP: ...!uunet!lgnp1!phil    Doylestown, PA  18901
Computer Services   |    CIS: 71076,1576              VOICE: +1 215 348 9721

ralfi@pemcom.pem-stuttgart.de (Ralf U. Holighaus) (04/26/91)

simon@ms.uky.edu (G. Simon Gales) writes:

>So sorry, but _you_ are wrong.  SCO Xenix 386 (AT & MC) 2.3.[23] both
>have working ct commands.  We use then quite a lot, and they work well.
>We've never really had a problem with it in any version of xenix, but
>we may not have tried them all...

OK, then we might have a problem on our system. I didn't try it the last
months 'cause we changed our communication server to a UNIX 3.2 system.
And UNIX's ct would NOT run.

Thanks

Ralf.
--
  PEM Programmentwicklungsgesellschaft    |         Ralf U. Holighaus
        fuer Microcomputer mbH            |         Technical Support
PO-Box 810165 D-7000 Stuttgart 80 Germany |     holighaus@PEM-Stuttgart.de
VOICE: x49-711-713045 FAX: x49-711-713047 |       ..!unido!pemcom!ralfi

mcitron@phad.hsc.usc.edu (Mark Citron) (04/28/91)

I spoke to SCO a while ago and ct is definately broken under SCO Unix.
They did not have any idea when (or if) it would be fixed.

Mark Citron

--
Mark Citron
mark@neurosci.usc.edu