[comp.unix.xenix.sco] graphics package for sco unix

glenn@rigel.econ.uga.edu (Glenn F. Leavell) (05/14/91)

Can anyone recommend a graphics package similar to Ventura Publisher that
will run on sco unix (386 machine)?  Someone once recommended Mecca from
Amgraf, but I haven't been able to find a phone number for the company.

Thank you,
Glenn Leavell
glenn@rigel.econ.uga.edu

rfarris@rfengr.com (Rick Farris) (05/15/91)

In article <1991May13.185625.18474@rigel.econ.uga.edu> glenn@rigel.econ.uga.edu (Glenn F. Leavell) writes:

> Can anyone recommend a graphics package similar to Ventura
> Publisher that will run on sco unix (386 machine)?

I'm happy with FrameMaker.  You need to be running Open
Desktop, of course, and you need an absolute minimum of 12
MB of RAM -- 16 MB to ensure that there's no paging going on
-- but it's a great program.

--
Rick Farris  RF Engineering POB M Del Mar, CA 92014  voice (619) 259-6793
rfarris@rfengr.com     ...!ucsd!serene!rfarris      serenity bbs 259-7757