[comp.unix.xenix.sco] GNU 'C' compiler for Open Desktop

hafey@capitol.com (Rob Hafey) (05/24/91)

I would like to know if a port of the GNU 'C' compiler that will run under
SCO`s Open Desktop product.

Rob
--

         _____    _          ______
        /____/   /_\        /__ __/     Rob Hafey

losecco@grousy.helios.nd.edu (05/27/91)

A port to DOS by Delorie is freely available from grape.clarkson.
I don't see why a version for SCO should not also be available.
It is possible perhaps to compile the Unix version with the DOS version
but this seems like reinventing the wheel.
I would also be interested in a port of GNU CC to SCO unix.  Maybe some
ftp site has it available?
Actually the program exists since a lot of code has been produced with it
but where do you find it?

public@ucsco.ucsc.edu (Bill Karwin) (05/28/91)

losecco@grousy.helios.nd.edu writes:
>I would also be interested in a port of GNU CC to SCO unix.  Maybe some
>ftp site has it available?

Jim KcKim deserves credit for this one.

gcc 1.39, g++ 1.37 & libg++, gdb 3.5 are all available, compiled
for system V Unix/386 at mildred.lerc.nasa.gov (139.88.60.61).
They reportedly have COFF patches applied.

I copied these files and tried to run them on SCO Xenix.
They are hardcoded to be installed in /usr/local.
They execute, but can't find crt0.o.  Anybody else who has
used these files have any suggestions?

mklein@dis.com (Mark Klein) (05/30/91)

Since this seems to be a regular question, let me offer some help:

I have context diffs available (amount to about 100000kb) for gcc, g++
(1.39) and gas (1.36) to run under SCO.  These are available to anyone
that asks.  As far as already compiled stuff... there is no ftp access
to my machine, but I've get a compressed tar of the various files that
are available (about 1.8mb).  EMAIL if interested, and I'll figure out
some way to get them out to those interested.
Mark Klein                                                   415-892-8400
DIS International, Ltd.
mklein@dis.com