[comp.unix.xenix.sco] What's the word on the upgrade?

randy@m2xenix.psg.com (Randy Bush) (06/06/91)

The rumors of 2.3.4 (or was it 2.4) ceased some weeks back.  We hicks in the
boonies have been waiting for the net.gossip before laying our hard-earned cash
on the bar.  So, has anybody gotten the upgrade?  What's the scoop?

--
randy@psg.com  ..!uunet!m2xenix!randy

molnar@neis.UUCP (Christopher Molnar) (06/09/91)

In article <1991Jun6.062109.3626@m2xenix.psg.com> randy@m2xenix.psg.com (Randy Bush) writes:
>The rumors of 2.3.4 (or was it 2.4) ceased some weeks back.  We hicks in the
>boonies have been waiting for the net.gossip before laying our hard-earned cash
>on the bar.  So, has anybody gotten the upgrade?  What's the scoop?
>
>--
>randy@psg.com  ..!uunet!m2xenix!randy

Yes... 2.3.4 is out and though I haven't recieved my copy yet, a friend of
mine tells me that it is quite impressive. It comes with 3 wire bound
manuals and is supposedly a real improvement. You may wish to contact
uunet!sungate!glen or uunet!m2xenix!glen for a better description of the features.

uunet!neis!molnar

6600joef@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Joe Foster) (06/09/91)

In article <1991Jun6.062109.3626@m2xenix.psg.com> randy@m2xenix.psg.com (Randy Bush) writes:

>The rumors of 2.3.4 (or was it 2.4) ceased some weeks back.  We hicks in the
>boonies have been waiting for the net.gossip before laying our hard-earned cash
>on the bar.  So, has anybody gotten the upgrade?  What's the scoop?

>--
>randy@psg.com  ..!uunet!m2xenix!randy

From poking around in SCO's BBS, I saw that 2.3.4 is available *now*. You'll
have to reinstall from scratch, though. The "smart" version, which preserves
whatever customizations you've made, should be available in August. Any new
bugs should also be shaken out by the time the "smart" upgrade is available,
so that's the one I'm waiting for.

Joe Foster