[comp.unix.xenix.sco] Pcomm on xenix/unix ?

traynor@bostech.com (Pat Traynor) (06/04/91)

Does anyone have 'pcomm' working on either SCO UNIX or Xenix?  I've been
using in on my SUN for some time, but can't get it to compile on a 386
box.

Thanks for any help.

--pat traynor--
traynor@bostech.com

traynor@bostech.com (Pat Traynor) (06/07/91)

Thanks to everyone who responded to this.

It was a dual problem.  I didn't have the latest 'pcomm' sources, and I
was compiling on a system where our developers had been munging with the
/usr/include files.

Pcomm appears to be working fine now.

--pat--

glee@tigris.uucp (Godfrey Lee) (06/08/91)

In article <9106041507.AA07979@titanic.bostech.com> traynor@bostech.com (Pat Traynor) writes:

>Does anyone have 'pcomm' working on either SCO UNIX or Xenix?  I've been
>using in on my SUN for some time, but can't get it to compile on a 386
>box.

Yes, under XENIX. But it is buggy.  My version says Version 1.1, dated
21 August, 1988.  Does anyone have a later version?
--
Godfrey Lee
cunews!tigris!glee	or	glee@tigris.ocunix.on.ca

tbissett@nstar.rn.com (Travis Bissett) (06/10/91)

glee@tigris.uucp (Godfrey Lee) writes:

> In article <9106041507.AA07979@titanic.bostech.com> traynor@bostech.com (Pat
> >
> >Does anyone have 'pcomm' working on either SCO UNIX or Xenix?  I've been
> >using in on my SUN for some time, but can't get it to compile on a 386
> >box.
>
> Yes, under XENIX. But it is buggy.  My version says Version 1.1, dated
> 21 August, 1988.  Does anyone have a later version?
> --
> Godfrey Lee
> cunews!tigris!glee	or	glee@tigris.ocunix.on.ca

The latest version is 2.10 -- according to mail from pcom author Gray dated
last month.  I'll try to find the source distribution site and post it here
when I get into work tomorrow. Perry Statham (perry@statham.cactus.org
(?)) compiled ot for me and it works. Still some bugs but the real
bothersome ones seem to have been fixed.

In case I foget this promise and you don't see a followup here in a couple
of days, email me a reminder :-)

Travis -- tbissett@nstar.rn.com

P.S. I forgot to mention I have Xenix 2.3.2

--
Travis Bissett       NSTAR conferencing site       219-289-0287/317-251-7391
internet: tbissett@nstar.rn.com              1300 newsgroups - 8 inbound lines