[comp.unix.xenix.sco] Windows 3 under Unix / Vpix ???

root@swatty.UUCP (Larry Krone) (06/13/91)

I have been running windows 2 applications under VP/IX ver 1.2 without much
problem....Is there any way to get windows 3 to work without getting a
'unable to emulate instruction' error and crashing rudely back to UNIX???

Thanx,

Larry Krone
root@mus.com

root@sporty.UUCP (Super STUD) (06/15/91)

In article <183@swatty.UUCP> root@mus.com (Larry Krone) writes:
>I have been running windows 2 applications under VP/IX ver 1.2 without much
>problem....Is there any way to get windows 3 to work without getting a
>'unable to emulate instruction' error and crashing rudely back to UNIX???

There is a patch on sosco.  Here is an excerpt from the SLS.info file:
************
List of SCO Support Level Supplement files available for transfer using UUCP
Last updated: 3/8/91

New on 12/13/90:

     unx268:  Microsoft Windows 3.0 Supplement for SCO VP/ix
	      under SCO UNIX System V/386 Release 3.2

UUCP Connection information:

Machine name: sosco

Phone numbers: (408) 425-3502 (2 lines, 300-9600 baud V.32 standard)
	       (408) 429-1786 (9600 baud Telebit)

Login name: uusls   (forth character is the letter "l" rather than numeral "1")
No password

Below is a list of the Support Level Supplements available for UUCP
request in the directory /usr/spool/uucppublic/SLS.  The files ending
in .Z have been reduced in size using the SCO XENIX compress(C) utility.
These files must first be unpacked using uncompress(C).  Files ending
in .ltr are the cover letters and installation instructions for
the corresponding Supplements.

I don't know whether it will help, but it is a good starting point.

Jeff Anderson                                        jeff@sporty.UUCP
H: 614-252-7563                                sporty!jeff@ursa-major.spdcc.com
W: 614-764-6222     B7 f+ t w dc g+ k+ s- e r        jaa@rsch.oclc.org