[comp.unix.xenix.sco] Modem dialer

dlane@pacdata.uucp (Don Lane Pacific Data) (06/18/91)

I have a 386-33 Mhz clone machine running SCOXenix 2.3 and development 2.2
and am looking for a dialer program for the Practical Peripherials modem
model 2400SA.

Another problem which may be related is that when accessing the news feed
I get a core dump in the /usr/spool/uucp directory and the LCK.S.0 remains
resulting in that when a user tries to access the system via modem they
get as far as the login prompt, and then garbage is transmitted to them.
As far as I can tell there is no problem with the feed other than the
core dump and the lock file that is not removed.
Any and all help is appreciated
thanx
Don Lane	pacdata!dlane

victor@alchemy.UUCP (Victor Michael) (06/19/91)

In article <1991Jun17.220607.184@pacdata.uucp> dlane@pacdata.uucp (Don Lane Pacific Data) writes:
>I have a 386-33 Mhz clone machine running SCOXenix 2.3 and development 2.2
>and am looking for a dialer program for the Practical Peripherials modem
>model 2400SA.

I'm using the dialHA24 dialer with the same modem with no problem what-so-ever.
Perhaps there is a different problem? (see below)

                          vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
>Another problem which ** may be related ** is that when accessing the news feed
>I get a core dump in the /usr/spool/uucp directory and the LCK.S.0 remains
>resulting in that when a user tries to access the system via modem they
>get as far as the login prompt, and then ** garbage ** is transmitted to them.
>Don Lane	pacdata!dlane                    ^^^^^^^

I had the same problem which cleared up when I reversed the roles of the ttys,
for example tty2a = enabled, tty2A = disabled. Some systems I've worked
on are opposite this.  Someone please inform me if I have missed somthing
here, but it works for me.

Vic Michael
| ...!ucsd!ucrmath!alchemy!victor             |
| Public Access Unix BBS (714/278-0862)       |
| Communique On-Line Information System v1.00 |