[comp.unix.xenix.sco] Why does Xenix ELM put 'From anonymous..' in first From line.

lee@gdc.portal.com (Seng-Poh Lee, Gen DataComm, +1 203 758-1811) (06/26/91)

Hi,

I'm having problems running ELM 2.3.11 with Xenix 386. I'm running
standard uucp, with the standard rmail program.

For whatever reason, ELM puts "From anonymous ..." etc in the
first line of the mail. The later "From: " line is correct. I've
tried every option in the Configure script, and STILL cannot get
it to put the right user name in that line. What am I doing wrong?

This works correctly for the same configuration in Suns and HPs.
Please help as I would really like to use ELM on my Xenix machine.

Thanks

Seng-Poh Lee     <lee@gdc.portal.com>

syd@DSI.COM (Syd Weinstein) (06/27/91)

lee@gdc.portal.com (Seng-Poh Lee, Gen DataComm, +1 203 758-1811) writes:
>I'm having problems running ELM 2.3.11 with Xenix 386. I'm running
>standard uucp, with the standard rmail program.
This is in the README File....
In standard Xenix, the MTA is not rmail, but /usr/lib/mail/execmail,
change the configuration for mailer= to be that and it will work
much better.  Note, if you are running smail or sendmail, this
does not apply (then again if you are running those you won't
get anonymous anyway).
Datacomp Systems, Inc.                          Voice: (215) 947-9900
syd@DSI.COM or dsinc!syd                        FAX:   (215) 938-0235