[comp.unix.admin] Re^2: Logging a User Off

gedwards@ncratl.Atlanta.NCR.COM (Gordon Edwards) (09/13/90)

skwu@boulder.Colorado.EDU (WU SHI-KUEI) writes:

>Giving the user a dummy password with password aging turned on and the
>aging data set properly will do the trick.  I don't have my manuals handy,
>so I can't tell you exactly how to set the aging data.

I require a user to set a password the first time they login by placing
",." (without the quotes) in the password field.  I imagine you could place
",.M" followed by a character to indicate when the new password should
expire.

--
Internet: Gordon.Edwards@Atlanta.NCR.COM                  NCR Corporation
UUCP: uunet!ncrlnk!ncratl!gedwards                        2651 Satellite Blvd.