[comp.unix.admin] Sendmail Internals Question

revell@uunet.UU.NET (James R Revell Jr) (09/29/90)

In article <1990Sep27.011020.14876@mp.cs.niu.edu> rickert@mp.cs.niu.edu (Neil Rickert) writes:
>If the 'm' flag is not present, it will be sent 20 times.
>
>  I presume that you are using the UUCP mailer.  Usually the UUCP mailer does
>not have the 'm' flag set, because there are some UUCP hosts out there which
>cannot handle it.  It is very likely that uunet can handle the 'm' flag.

We can handle it.  We, in fact, use the flag in all but one of our own
mailer specifications.

While I'm on the subject of mailer specifications...

If uunet's use of the 'm' flag in our UUCP mailer has presented a problem
for any UUNET subscriber please send mail to postmaster@uunet.uu.net (I
doubt there are any or I would have heard of it already).

For those UUNET subscribers with a smart mailer who don't wish to have
domain style addresses converted to UUCP style paths within the envelope
of mail sent to their site from uunet, send postmaster@uunet.uu.net a
message to this effect.  We'll cease this necessary nastiness for smart
uucp sites.
--
James Revell	uunet postmaster	revell@uunet.uu.net	/8^{~