[comp.unix.admin] Restricted shells

surge@hardy.u.washington.edu (Jonathan Sari) (10/09/90)

Does anyone know of any public domain restricted-access shells that I
could get my hands on?  Barring that, does anyone know of a good, quick
way to impliment one?

What I mean is a shell that only allows execution of files in a certain
path, and only allows access to files in the user's own directory.

Preferably for BSD Unix, but I could port one if necessary.

ostroff@Oswego.EDU (Boyd Ostroff) (10/12/90)

In article <8819@milton.u.washington.edu> surge@u.washington.edu (Jonathan Sari) writes:
>Does anyone know of any public domain restricted-access shells that I
>could get my hands on?

>What I mean is a shell that only allows execution of files in a certain
>path, and only allows access to files in the user's own directory.

I was under the impression that if you created a link to /bin/sh named
/bin/rsh you would have exactly what you want....