[comp.unix.admin] quotas for SYSV

afsipmh@cidsv01.cid.aes.doe.CA (10/17/90)

 Is there a package somewhere that will provide a file quota system
 something like that in BSD with both soft and hard quotas controlled
 by a table?
 Please send e-mail as I don't usually read this newsgroup. Thanks.
--
Pat Hertel                 Canadian Meteorological Centre
Analyst/Programmer         2121 N. Service Rd.        % rm God

afsipmh@cidsv01.cid.aes.doe.CA (10/22/90)

 A while ago I asked if anyone knew of a BSD type quota package for
 System V. I asked for e-mail since I don't follow this group. I am
 posting this because there were others interested in the answer.
 Unfortunately, there was only one reply - its supposed to be in SYSVR4
 .. but then what isn't? :-)
--

craig@attcan.UUCP (Craig Campbell) (10/23/90)

In article <1990Oct22.141549.9315@cid.aes.doe.CA> afsipmh@cidsv01.cid.aes.doe.CA (Pat Hertel) writes:

> Unfortunately, there was only one reply - its supposed to be in SYSVR4
> .. but then what isn't? :-)

Slight correction...

The berkley type file system (Berkley Fast File System) IS in release 4
and is known as the Universal File System (ufs).  (Asside:  There is a bfs,
but that's the Boot File System. :-))

Release 4 is now available through AT&T (Don't know about any other vendors).
(On 3B2 and 486 hardware, it is in controled introduction.  On the 386 it is
 Generally Available.)

Hope that is helpful,

craig

P.S.  So far (as I have heard/personally tested/experienced), release 4 has
     been quite solid/good.

c.e.c.