[comp.unix.admin] NQS

P88036@BARILVM.BITNET (Ephraim Vider) (11/25/90)

Hello,
  Could some kind soul point me to a place where I can find NQS,
  a batch system for unix?

  I don't seem to have any luck finding it.
              Thanks
                 Ephraim

mos@ruunsa.fys.ruu.nl (Henk Mos) (11/26/90)

In <90329.155618P88036@BARILVM.BITNET> P88036@BARILVM.BITNET (Ephraim Vider) writes:

>Hello,
>  Could some kind soul point me to a place where I can find NQS,
>  a batch system for unix?

>  I don't seem to have any luck finding it.
>              Thanks
>                 Ephraim

NQS is on one of the Convex User tapes. It's also distributed by COSMIC.
Here's the reply I received from COSMIC after my request for the new
version. Send your mail to pat@cosmic1.cosmic.uga.edu for more info.

-- We are currently distributing the "old" 1985 version of NQS.  The new
-- version is due out sometime early next year, but neither the price
-- nor the international availability has been resolved yet.  If you
-- would like, I can FAX you information on the old NQS.

We run the 'old' version on Convex, SUN's and DECstations without any problems.
The Convex version has more features like automatic mounting of the
user working directory on target machines when using pipe queues.

Henk Mos
University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
Henk J. Mos, Dept of Physics and Astrophysics, Utrecht University
The Netherlands.  (nmos@fys.ruu.nl)