[comp.unix.admin] Aging Mail

bo@hubcap.clemson.edu (Bo Slaughter) (11/27/90)

I'm looking for a program that will "age" mail.  For example, that will
look in /var/spool/mail/*, and if a user has mail older than X days,
will delete those messages (leaving the newer ones).

Is such a program out there?

Bo Slaughter
|  Bo Slaughter                bo@gumby.eng.clemson.edu        |
|    (803)656-2721         "I'm gumby.eng.clemson.edu dammit." |

rock@warp.Eng.Sun.COM (Bill Petro) (11/27/90)

bo@hubcap.clemson.edu (Bo Slaughter) writes:

>I'm looking for a program that will "age" mail.  For example, that will
>look in /var/spool/mail/*, and if a user has mail older than X days,
>will delete those messages (leaving the newer ones).

>Is such a program out there?

>Bo Slaughter
>--
>+--------------------------------------------------------------+
>|  Bo Slaughter                bo@gumby.eng.clemson.edu        |
>|    (803)656-2721         "I'm gumby.eng.clemson.edu dammit." |
>+--------------------------------------------------------------+

MUSH, the Mail User SHell, does many things, including sort and pick by
many various styles.  It then allows you to pipe the results, of a
"pick" of all files older than X (say 10) days, and delete them.

Available via anonymous ftp from:
cse.ogi.edu

You can find it in:
pub/mush/mush-7.2.0.tar.Z

--
     Bill Petro  {decwrl,hplabs,ucbvax}!sun!Eng!rock
"UNIX for the sake of the kingdom of heaven"  Matthew 19:12