[comp.unix.admin] need printcap entry for HP laserjet II

doug@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Douglas W O'neal) (12/14/90)

I need to hook up an HP Laserjet II to both a MIPs and a Sun-4 and am
looking for a printcap entry for it.  Also, I would like a filter to
allow users to do things like rotate the output to landscape mode, a
dvi filter if available, any other useful filters.

Thank in advance.
Doug O'Neal
--
Doug O'Neal, Distributed Systems Programmer, Johns Hopkins University
doug@jhuvms.bitnet, doug@jhuvms.hcf.jhu.edu, mimsy!aplcen!jhunix!doug

felps@convex.com (Robert Felps) (12/17/90)

In <7160@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU> doug@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Douglas W O'neal) writes:

>I need to hook up an HP Laserjet II to both a MIPs and a Sun-4 and am
>looking for a printcap entry for it.  Also, I would like a filter to
>allow users to do things like rotate the output to landscape mode, a
>dvi filter if available, any other useful filters.

A simple printcap for hplj II:
--------------------------------- cut here ----------------------------------
#
lj:\
        :lp=/dev/tty00:br#9600:\
        :tr=\f:\
        :sd=/usr/spool/Lpqs/lj:lo=lock:\
        :lf=/usr/spool/Printlogs/lj_errs:\
        :if=/usr/spool/Filters/lj.sh:
--------------------------------- cut here ----------------------------------

A simple filter for hplj II:
--------------------------------- cut here ----------------------------------
#!/bin/ksh
trap "exit 1" 3
START=`date | awk '{print $2,$3,$4}'`
case $1 in
        -c)
                stty raw -parity 9600
                MODE=graphics
                shift
        ;;
        *)
                stty -parity cs8 9600 ixon ixany opost -nl -tabs
                MODE=text
        ;;
esac

cat -