[comp.unix.admin] Looking for security guidelines

JS05STAF@MIAMIU.BITNET (Joe Simpson) (12/21/90)

I am looking for recommendations for security guidlines for unix boxes.

I am specialized interest in security for ULTRIX, but would also like
more general references.

I am aware of Charles Hedrick's very fine intro to TCP/IP and TCP/IP
admin.  I also have Russell L. Brand's "Coping with the Threat of
Computer Security Incidents".

Thanks for any leads to either commercial texts or ftp'able documents.

vvawh@convx1.lerc.nasa.gov (Tony Hackenberg) (12/23/90)

In article <90354.123838JS05STAF@MIAMIU.BITNET> JS05STAF@MIAMIU.BITNET (Joe Simpson) writes:
>I am looking for recommendations for security guidlines for unix boxes.

Take a look at Patrick Wood's book entitled "UNIX Security."
{_
--
Tony Hackenberg
NASA/Lewis Research Center M.S.142-2, 21000 Brookpark Rd., Cleveland, OH 44135