[comp.unix.admin] Looking for info. on "root, the Journal of Unix Sys. Admin."

mre@ngdc2.colorado.edu (Marcus O. Ertle) (12/28/90)

Does anyone have a (subscription) address (E-mail, and/or U.S. mail) or
phone number for:

	root, the Journal of Unix System Administration

Also, subscription price information would be nice.  Bruce Hunter writes
a column in UNIX Today - in which this journal is mentioned.

Please respond via E-mail if possible - and thanks for any info.

- Marc Ertle

ken@slhisc.uucp (Ken Stamm) (12/29/90)

In article <1990Dec27.184423.5689@csn.org> mre@ngdc2.colorado.edu (Marcus O. Ertle) writes:
>Does anyone have a (subscription) address (E-mail, and/or U.S. mail) or
>phone number for:
>
>	root, the Journal of Unix System Administration

root subscriptions
po box 849
Denville NJ 07834
916-677-5870

(call to verify address)

--
Ken Stamm (ken@slhisc.uucp, sun.com!gotham!slhisc!ken) (212)341-3868
Shearson Lehman Brothers, 390 Greenwich St. 4W, New York NY 10013

mre@boulder.colorado.edu (Marcus O. Ertle) (12/29/90)

In article <1990Dec27.184423.5689@csn.org> mre@ngdc2.colorado.edu (I) write:

	:

>- Marc Ertle

Thanks to all who took the time to mail or post information on this.
Since a number of people asked me to post what I found out - here goes:

Since the replies to my post gave two different addresses/phone #'s,
I called the Folsom, CA. number - which turned out to be the
"editorial office" for "Root Creations":

	632 East Bidwell Street, Suite 56
	Folsom, CA. 95630
	(916)-351-0831
	(916)-983-2004 FAX

The lady I spoke with confirmed that this journal is priced at
$32/year for 6 issues/year.  She said that each issue is 32-40 pages,
and covers BSD, System V, and Xenix.  She is sending a sample issue.

The subscription address is:

	Root Subscriptions
	P. O. Box 3000
	Denville, NJ 07834

(Sorry, forgot to get a phone number for this address but I think you can
use the 916 number above.)

Again, thanks for the responses - my mail box overflows :^<>.