[comp.unix.admin] PD printer spoolers ?

tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Tim Chown) (01/25/91)

We have a network of Suns, HPs and Masscomp UNIX machines that have
access to laser printers.  However, there are problems caused by
various incompatibilites and I would be interested to know if there
are any PD spooling/control packages available.  I can remember
reading of one advertised a few months back, but its name escapes me!
The ability of the package to accept requests from PCs/MACs on the
ether would also be nice ...

I will summarise any e-mail responses.

Many thanks,

	Tim				T.J.Chown@ecs.soton.ac.uk

scs@lokkur.dexter.mi.us (Steve Simmons) (01/29/91)

tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Tim Chown) writes:

>We have a network of Suns, HPs and Masscomp UNIX machines that have
>access to laser printers.  However, there are problems caused by
>various incompatibilites and I would be interested to know if there
>are any PD spooling/control packages available.

You want `plp', available anon ftp from terminator.cc.umich.edu,
in ~ftp/unix.
--
"SO be it!  The fate of the UNIVERSE is in your hands!"
"Talk about job-related stress."