[comp.unix.admin] Unix makeuser program

brunette@sjuphil.uucp (Glenn M. Brunette) (01/28/91)

    Where can I find the source for a PD makeuser program?  I have been trying
to locate one for some time, but have been unable to do so.  Has anyone
written one that they would be willing to distribute?  This program should
be able to be easily modified to work with NIS and Yellow Pages.

Thanks in advance,
Glenn

 Glenn Brunette,  Academic Computing Network Consultant      sssss
                                                           ss      jjjjjjj
 Addresses:                                                 ss       j
             brunette@sjuphil.UUCP                           ss     j  u    u
             brunette%sjuphil.sju.edu@RELAY.cs.net      sssss      j  u    u

edw@sequent.UUCP (Ed Wright) (01/30/91)

In article <1991Jan27.163538.27102@sjuphil.uucp> brunette@sjuphil.UUCP (Glenn M. Brunette) writes:
%
%
%    Where can I find the source for a PD makeuser program?  I have been trying
%to locate one for some time, but have been unable to do so.  Has anyone
Pick a copy of the Unix System Administrator's Handbook
Neameth Snyder Seabass
Prentice Hall
Possible the best $32 you'll spend for a good long while !
Ed

--
 I think I've got the hang of it now .... :w  :q  :wq  :wq! ^d  X exit
 X Q  :quitbye  CtrlAltDel   ~~q  :~q  logout  save/quit :!QUIT ^[zz

rembo@unisoft.UUCP (Tony Rems) (01/31/91)

In article <51842@sequent.UUCP> edw@sequent.UUCP (Ed Wright) writes:
>In article <1991Jan27.163538.27102@sjuphil.uucp> brunette@sjuphil.UUCP (Glenn M. Brunette) writes:
>%
>%
>%    Where can I find the source for a PD makeuser program?  I have been trying
>%to locate one for some time, but have been unable to do so.  Has anyone
>Pick a copy of the Unix System Administrator's Handbook
>Neameth Snyder Seabass
>Prentice Hall
>Possible the best $32 you'll spend for a good long while !

This is a great book and the programs and scripts in the back of the
book can be found on uunet under:

	~/sa-book/sa-book.tar.Z

Enjoy.

-Tony

P.S.  I ain't got nothin' to do with no book, mon'.