[comp.unix.admin] If you want PLP ...

tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Tim Chown) (02/01/91)

In <1991Jan29.133925.3818@lokkur.dexter.mi.us> scs@lokkur.dexter.mi.us (Steve Simmons) writes:

>tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Tim Chown) writes:

>>We have a network of Suns, HPs and Masscomp UNIX machines that have
>>access to laser printers.  However, there are problems caused by
>>various incompatibilites and I would be interested to know if there
>>are any PD spooling/control packages available.

>You want `plp', available anon ftp from terminator.cc.umich.edu,
>in ~ftp/unix.

Hmm. I couldn't find it there.  I was informed (ta Angus) that the latest
version is at vlsi.cs.umn.edu (128.101.230.15) in pub/PLP.<version>.tar.Z
The latest version is 2Apr90.  I'm compiling it as I type ...

If you want a copy in the UK, then it's in <PUB>PLP.2Apr90.tar.Z at
uk.ac.soton.ecs and is available for NIFTP; copy in binary mode with
login id 'guest' and password of your own mail ID.

Tim