[comp.unix.admin] how to put space in login thing with uucp.

gwoho@nntp-server.caltech.edu (g liu) (02/23/91)

with uucp, i have a file that contains names of systems, speeds, etc.
after this, there is a list of what to expect from remote comptuer, what
to answer, etc. how do i put a space in one of the answers?
i've tried "",'',\,_, and none of those work.
the remote computer says `Pad>'. i want my computer to respond with
`c .ccs/80'.

i would greatly apreciate any help.

gwoho liu.

clewis@ferret.ocunix.on.ca (Chris Lewis) (02/24/91)

In article <1991Feb23.084924.1348@nntp-server.caltech.edu> gwoho@nntp-server.caltech.edu (g liu) writes:
>with uucp, i have a file that contains names of systems, speeds, etc.
>after this, there is a list of what to expect from remote comptuer, what
>to answer, etc. how do i put a space in one of the answers?

Use \s.

>i've tried "",'',\,_, and none of those work.
>the remote computer says `Pad>'. i want my computer to respond with
>`c .ccs/80'.

Eg: c\s.ccs/80

Some old UUCP's don't support \s.  If yours is one of them, try
seeing if there's some other way of doing the PAD call.  There usually
is another way.
--
Chris Lewis, Phone: (613) 832-0541, Internet: clewis@ferret.ocunix.on.ca

rsj@wa4mei.UUCP (Randy Jarrett) (02/25/91)

In <1991Feb23.084924.1348@nntp-server.caltech.edu> gwoho@nntp-server.caltech.edu (g liu) writes:

>with uucp, i have a file that contains names of systems, speeds, etc.
>after this, there is a list of what to expect from remote comptuer, what
>to answer, etc. how do i put a space in one of the answers?
>i've tried "",'',\,_, and none of those work.
>the remote computer says `Pad>'. i want my computer to respond with
>`c .ccs/80'.

>i would greatly apreciate any help.

>gwoho liu.

most uucp systems use a \s to include a space in either the expect or send
portions of the chat script.  In your case it should be 'c\s.ccs/80'.

--
Randy Jarrett  WA4MEI
UUCP  ...!{emory,gatech}!wa4mei!rsj   | US SNAIL: P.O. Box 941217