[comp.unix.sysv286] REALLY??????

news@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (USENET News) (02/20/91)

obtain UNIX for the 286? Product names please?
thanks in advance
			Bruce Varney

asg@sage.cc.purdue.edu (The Grand Master) (02/20/91)

Sorry, the first half was cut off on the first post
I was unaware that there was a version of UNIX for the 286. I assume
Where can I

tjon@plains.NoDak.edu (Christopher C. Tjon) (02/21/91)

In article <6319@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> asg@sage.cc.purdue.edu (The Grand Master) writes:

> Sorry, the first half was cut off on the first post
> I was unaware that there was a version of UNIX for the 286. I assume
> Where can I
> obtain UNIX for the 286? Product names please?
> thanks in advance
> 			Bruce Varney

Microport makes one.  It is a 286 based sysV.

Microport
30 Janis Way Suite A
Scotts Valley CA 95066

488-438-8649 (phone)
488-438-7650 (fax)

I talked with them about it last summer and they wanted around 600$.
I did not buy it since I did not need it that bad.  It didnt seem like
such a bad deal though.

--
Chris Tjon
      UUCP:     	...!uunet!plains!tjon        Box 5224