[comp.unix.sysv386] DMA test entry point for Adaptec 1542

buck@siswat.UUCP (A. Lester Buck) (09/03/90)

Could someone please send me the BIOS entry point for the
built in DMA test for the Adaptec 1542 SCSI host adapter?
When I finally need it, of course I can't find it in
any of my archives.

Thanks,

--
A. Lester Buck    buck@siswat.lonestar.org  ...!uhnix1!lobster!siswat!buck

strike@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US (Tim Bowser) (09/04/90)

buck@siswat.UUCP (A. Lester Buck) writes:

>Could someone please send me the BIOS entry point for the
>built in DMA test for the Adaptec 1542 SCSI host adapter?
>When I finally need it, of course I can't find it in
>any of my archives.

Using DEBUG, the entry point for the DMA test is G=DC00:9

Entry point for the BIOS Onboard Utilities is G=DC00:6

This message courtesy of fifteen minutes of battling line noise and
shifting between two computers in different rooms...

--
 Tim Bowser  ("Strikemaster")  |  Standard  |  mailrus!sharkey!clmqt!strike
Enterprise Information System  | Disclaimer |  strike@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US

bills@xstor.UUCP (Bill Smith) (09/05/90)

In article <557@siswat.UUCP> buck@siswat.UUCP (A. Lester Buck) writes:
>Could someone please send me the BIOS entry point for the
>built in DMA test for the Adaptec 1542 SCSI host adapter?
>When I finally need it, of course I can't find it in
>any of my archives.

Use DOS debug and enter with g=dc00:9. Also, be sure to have the bios
enabled with a jumper on J6-1.