[comp.unix.sysv386] Why doesn't SCO upgrade ODT to UNIX 3.2.2 ??

kevinc@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (Kevin E Cosgrove) (09/05/90)

In article <655@lafayet.UUCP> rob@lafayet.UUCP (Rob Freyder) writes:
>I am about to switch over to Open Desktop and was slightly peeved to learn
>that ODT would not include Unix 3.2.2 !!
[stuff deleted]
>I heard that ODT would lag one version behind SCO Unix from now on.  Is this
>true ??? !!!   Can anyone comment on this ?

I called SCO about a month ago to ask which LAN cards they support with
ODT.  I also asked about the update of ODT Unix to their most recent
stand alone release.  The answer I got was that they needed time to make
sure their Unix and application packages worked well together with all the
peripherals they support

Personally, I'd rather have a clean release than a rushed release.  Why
not both :-)

        Kevin Cosgrove          bucket.UUCP!cathouse!kevinc
        OSU EE Senior           tektronix!tessi!bucket!cathouse!kevinc
        (503)-297-6067          kevinc%cathouse.uucp@bucket.UUCP

josef@nixpbe.UUCP (Moellers) (09/06/90)

In <6895@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM> kevinc@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (Kevin E Cosgrove) writes:

[stuff deleted]

>I called SCO about a month ago to ask which LAN cards they support with
>ODT.  I also asked about the update of ODT Unix to their most recent
>stand alone release.  The answer I got was that they needed time to make
>sure their Unix and application packages worked well together with all the
      ^^^^^
>peripherals they support

Hm, I have yet to see something which really is "theirs":
UNIX is from AT&T
the compilers are from Microsoft
TCP/IP and NFS are from LAI
. . .

--
| Josef Moellers		|	c/o Nixdorf Computer AG	|
|  USA: mollers.pad@nixbur.uucp	|	Abt. PXD-S14		|