[comp.unix.sysv386] X-window keyboard layout

wiljo@freesid.mamnix.quest.sub.org (Wiljo Heinen) (09/08/90)

ti@altos86.Altos.COM (Ti Kan) writes:

>In article <86@usun01.UUCP> hoepfner@usun01.UUCP (Andreas Hoepfner) writes:
>[ under X window ]
>>has anyone changed the keyboard layout to a german (mf2) one ?
>>In shell enviroment no problem !
>>It is horrible to work with X and the wrong layout, so *PLEASE*
>>tell me how to manage it...

>RTFM the manual entry for the "xmodmap" utility.  It is used to
>remap the keyboard layout to anything you want.

har,har,har.

ever tried to get the <alt> keys working in "mf2" mode (like backslash,
curly braces and so on) ? doesn't work with ISC X11 V1.1 ....

I wonder, what V1.2 will bring us, they claim it has an xttymap.

anyway: RTFM and _try it_ and keep out those flames.

btw: someone got these alt keys to work (and maybe they do work with SCO ???)

cheers
	Wiljo
--
snail-mail:	    | e-mail:			  | tel. lines: