[comp.unix.sysv386] Interactive Device Driver

dougw@retina.mitre.org (Doug Worthington) (09/08/90)

Networld,

	I am porting a device driver from SCO Xenix 2.3 to Interactive Unix
2.0.2.  I am reading the Integrated Software Development Guide and it refers to
a device driver reference manual.  Does this manual exist?  It is a section in
another manual or is it seperate?  I can't find it in my set of docs.

	My problem is the use of routines that will allow me to allocate space
for a memory mapped device.  If I can get the manual I could probably figure it
out, if not and somebody out there has some sample code they could send me I
would appreciate it.

thanks

Doug Worthington
dougw@community-chest.mitre.org

rhake@well.sf.ca.us (Randall Hake) (09/10/90)

In article <DOUGW.90Sep7134703@retina.mitre.org> dougw@retina.mitre.org (Doug Worthington) writes:
>Networld,
>
>	I am porting a device driver from SCO Xenix 2.3 to Interactive Unix
>2.0.2.  I am reading the Integrated Software Development Guide and it refers to
>a device driver reference manual.  Does this manual exist?  It is a section in
>another manual or is it seperate?  I can't find it in my set of docs.

The "AT&T UNIX (R) V3.2 Integrated Software Development Guide"
makes reference to another manual called "The UNIX System V/386
Release 3, Block and Character Interface, Device Driver Reference Manual,"
Select Code 307-192, September 1987.

Hope this helps.

                                             Randy Hake
                                             rhake@well