[comp.unix.sysv386] MMU 440, cheap 4 port

bote@csense.uucp (John Boteler) (09/07/90)

From article <601@anus.Quotron.com>, by cws@anus.Quotron.com (Craig W. Shaver):
> Several people have asked where to get cheap 4 port asynch boards.  The only
> one I have found is the MU-440 made by DFI and which is a knock off of
> the AST 4 port serial board.

Yes, but does it allow the replacement of the UART with a 16550
so that I can use a Telebit effectively with it??

--
John Boteler   bote@csense.uucp           {uunet | ka3ovk}!media!csense!bote
SkinnyDipper's Hotline: 703-241-BARE | VOICE only, Touch-Tone(TM) signalling

cws@janus.Quotron.com (Craig W. Shaver) (09/11/90)

In article <1990Sep7.045018.376@csense.uucp>, bote@csense.uucp (John Boteler) writes:
> From article <601@anus.Quotron.com>, by cws@anus.Quotron.com (Craig W. Shaver):
> > Several people have asked where to get cheap 4 port asynch boards.  The only
> > one I have found is the MU-440 made by DFI and which is a knock off of
> > the AST 4 port serial board.
>
> Yes, but does it allow the replacement of the UART with a 16550
> so that I can use a Telebit effectively with it??
>

> --
> John Boteler   bote@csense.uucp           {uunet | ka3ovk}!media!csense!bote
> SkinnyDipper's Hotline: 703-241-BARE | VOICE only, Touch-Tone(TM) signalling

2 of the chips are soldered to the board and there are 2 40 pin mounts.  I
have not followed up much of the mail on this because I am in the process
of de-soldering the 2 base chips and replacing them (also busy with real work).
I will post a good description on the board when done.  Hope to try it on
ESIX, ISC, and XENIX.  In the meantime why don't you go ahead and try it
yourself, it isn't that expensive.

	Craig W. Shaver

Quotron Systems Inc.    | Phone: (213) 302-4247
5454 Beethoven Street   | uucp: hacgate!janus!cws
Post Office Box 66914	| craig@tradr2.quotron.com
Los Angeles, CA 90066   |