[comp.unix.sysv386] AT&T V.3.2.2 on Zenith 386sx

root@bassette.UUCP (Admin) (09/06/90)

HELP

Ok, now that I have that off my chest...

Just bought a Zenith 386sx that I was assured would run the AT&T V.3.2.2 unix
I have at work. Idea was to put on the 386sx freeing our 386/20 for some more
"serious" work.

Problem is that when I go to do the install, the disk starts spinning, and I
see the "Booting the Unix System..." message, then after about a minute,
the system locks up solid.

Tried the first disk on the 386/20, and it appears that the lock-up occurs
when the install script goes out to check the available memory.

Any help GREATLY appreciated. You can contact me during the day at:
 (612) 541-0483 if you feel generous, or send me mail.

Thanks,
Ewan Grantham

--
Creative Computer Technologies
Ewan Grantham ..!orbit!bassette!egranthm

pjh@mccc.uucp (Pete Holsberg) (09/08/90)

In article <169@bassette.UUCP> root@bassette.UUCP (Admin) writes:
=HELP
=
=Ok, now that I have that off my chest...
=
=Just bought a Zenith 386sx that I was assured would run the AT&T V.3.2.2 unix
=I have at work. Idea was to put on the 386sx freeing our 386/20 for some more
="serious" work.
=

Had the same problem on a 20MHz Zenith 386 and did not find a solution.
Salesbeing said it shouldn't have happened.  I recommend contacting
Zenith tech support directly.

Pete
--
Prof. Peter J. Holsberg      Mercer County Community College
Voice: 609-586-4800          Engineering Technology, Computers and Math

johncore@compnect.UUCP (John Core ) (09/11/90)

In article <1990Sep7.183757.12119@mccc.uucp>, pjh@mccc.uucp (Pete Holsberg) writes:
> In article <169@bassette.UUCP> root@bassette.UUCP (Admin) writes:
> =HELP
> =
> =Ok, now that I have that off my chest...
> =
> =Just bought a Zenith 386sx that I was assured would run the AT&T V.3.2.2 unix
> =I have at work. Idea was to put on the 386sx freeing our 386/20 for some more
> ="serious" work.
> =
>
> Had the same problem on a 20MHz Zenith 386 and did not find a solution.
> Salesbeing said it shouldn't have happened.  I recommend contacting
> Zenith tech support directly.
had the same problem 2 years ago installed SCO XENIX
after numerous calls to Zenith found out it was the $%#@
Toshiba VGA card installed by Zenith. Replaced it with a
Paradise and everything ran smooth.

Wizard Systems              |    UUCP:   uunet!wa3wbu!compnect!johncore
P.O. Box 6269               |INTERNET:   johncore@compnect.wa3wbu
Harrisburg, Pa. 17112-6269  |a public bbs since 1978. Data(717)657-4992 & 4997
----------------------------| No matter where you go, there you are!
a woman is just a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke.   -R. Kipling