[comp.unix.sysv386] SCO UNIX rshd: Bad Hertz Value

scf@statware.UUCP (Steve Fullerton) (09/16/90)

We recently installed a system with SCO UNIX onto our network and everytime
a remote command is attempted on this system from another on the net, get
get this message:

Bad Hertz Value
Using 100 from <sys/param.h>

I have RTFM, searched for this message using strings(1), and still cannot
find out where it comes from, how to fix it, or how to stop it.  The release
of SCO TCP/IP is 1.1.1b and uname reports my system is release 3.2 version 2.

If anyone has encountered this and can assist, I would appreciate it.  Thanks.

--
Steve Fullerton                        Statware, Inc.
scf%statware.uucp@cs.orst.edu          260 SW Madison Ave, Suite 109

neifert@pws.bull.com (Bill Neifert) (09/17/90)

scf@statware.UUCP (Steve Fullerton) writes:

>We recently installed a system with SCO UNIX onto our network and everytime
>a remote command is attempted on this system from another on the net, get
>get this message:

>Bad Hertz Value
>Using 100 from <sys/param.h>

>I have RTFM, searched for this message using strings(1), and still cannot
>find out where it comes from, how to fix it, or how to stop it.  The release
>of SCO TCP/IP is 1.1.1b and uname reports my system is release 3.2 version 2.

>If anyone has encountered this and can assist, I would appreciate it.  Thanks.

This is a known problem and is discussed in the ODT release notes.  The problem
stems from the target user having the C-shell as the default login shell.
Changing the default login shell makes the problem disappear.